HP Tipping Point Security
We follow industry leading guidelines, use the best available technology and our range of HP Tipping Point Security solutions are preferred by customer's as they are able to address today's sophisticated security threats at the perimeter and interior of the users business. We charge industry leading rates. Features:
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS) — The IPS N series achieves a new level of inline, real-time protection, providing proactive network security for today's and tomorrow's real-world network traffic and data centers. It's architecture adds significant capacity for deep packet traffic inspection, and its modular software design enables the convergence of additional security services.
- Proven inline threat protection — Since 2001, we have been laser-focused on creating IPS solutions that provide proactive inline network protection while delivering high network performance and availability. No network security solution remains inline if it compromises network performance or Uptime. According to a 2008 study by infonetics Research, more enterprise IPS users have chosen our inline IPS solutions than any other.
- New extensible security framework provides a foundation for growth — The IPS platform includes an extensible security framework that has a modular software design built to support faster development and deployment of new IPS filter packages, security services, and partner security solution integrations.
- New IPS security services — The IPS N series enables the convergence of new security services such as customer-defined IP DNS reputation entries, our Reputation Digital Vaccine Service, our Web Application Digital Vaccine (DV) Service, location-based policies (perimeter, core, etc.), and customer-developed protection filters.
- Modular design for solutions integration — The modular design of the IPS platform enables integration with partner security solutions such as vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management (VA/VM) products, forensics solutions, security information management (SIM) systems, and network-based anomaly detection (NBAD) products.
- Support for a broad set of traffic types — The IPS platform supports a wide variety of traffic types and protocols. It provides uncompromising IPv 6 and IPv 4 simultaneous payload inspection and support for related tunneling variants (4 in 6, 6 in 4, and 6 in 6). It also supports inspection of IPv 6 and IPv 4 traffic with V LAN and MPLS tags, mobile IPv 4 traffic, GRE and GTP (GPRS tunneling), and jumbo frames, which gives IT administrators the flexibility to deploy IPS protection wherever it is needed.
- New threat suppression engine (T S E) — The IPS platform employs a new TSE to keep pace with the changing threats and evolving demands of today's enterprise networks and data center's. The TSE architecture utilizes custom ASICs and high-performance network processors to perform total packet flow inspection at Layers 2 through 7, performing thousands of checks on each packet flow simultaneously and delivering a significant deep packet inspection capacity increase for new and future security services.
- Proven reliability and redundancy — The IPS platform is designed to deliver unparalleled high availability. This helps ensure that network traffic flows at wire speed in the event of a network error, an internal device error, or even a complete power loss. There are two complementary high-availability modes of operation—Intrinsic High Availability and Stateful Network Redundancy—that deliver outstanding Uptime and availability for both the IPS platform and the SMS devices.